“Don’t be a doormat or cooperate with evil, but in your heart separate them—their souls—from their misguided actions, and give them love sincerely. Thereby you will attain self-mastery—a peace within yourself that cannot be destroyed by the actions of others.” – Paramanhansa Yogananda
If we allow ourselves to open our hearts, we may find that it’s easier to let go and uplift ourselves, than it is to engage in low vibrational interactions or to harbor desires for vengeance.
Even in the face of the most unfortunate circumstances, injustices, and acts of evil we can choose to stand in our power by forgiving. It doesn’t mean that what happened is okay. Nor does it mean that we consent to evil. What it means is that we see the circumstance for what it is, and we decide to choose our vibration.
We can choose to resonate with mind controlled, power hungry tyrants; or we can choose to recognize them for what they are and not allow it to control our inner landscape or outer expression. We can learn to move away from what is not in our best interest, and move towards what fulfills us.
It’s not always easy. But it’s also not impossible. In fact, the very word itself reminds us that we can do all things that work for our highest good. I’M Possible.
(Choose what fits your situation, or write your own)
- Even though I have negative thoughts, I choose to deeply and completely love accept myself.
- Even though I do not like my life circumstances, I choose to deeply and completely love and accept myself.
- Even though I have emotional wounding, I choose to deeply and completely love and accept myself.
- I stand in the truth of who I am.
- I release the past and create new experiences that are aligned to my authentic expression.
- I am powerful, whole, and complete within myself. Self Acceptance
Also see: Learning How to Forgive